Here's to help you understand the terminology from the sideline!
Terms - Offense
1. Find Space - Get to an open patch of field, away from otherplayers.
2. Space- Get to an open patch of field, away from other players.
Terms - Defense
1. Find a Man– Find someone to guard right away.
2. Match Up- Match up with someone to guard right away.
3. Drop- Don’t guard your man so close.
4. Drop Back- Don’t guard you man so close.
5. The Hole - Area right in front of your goal. Always watch the hole!
6. Stop the Ball – Pick up the man with the man and stop him from running in and taking a shot.
7. No Stick D - Play defense by staying in front of your man, not trying to take the ball away but not letting him get past you. Play defense like you don’t have a stick in your hand.
8. Body- Don’t lunge for your man’s stick. Just guard his body.
9. Play the Body - Don’t lunge for your man’s stick. Just guard his body.
10. Kickit 2 Pickit - When the ball is in the middle of a pile, kick it out so you can pick it up.
11. Clear - When the defense or goalie gets the ball and tries to get it back up-field.
3. Meet the Pass - Run toward the man passing you the ball.
4. Get the Ball to “X”- Pass/Run the ball to the spot directly behind the goal.
5. Adjacent – Offensive players on either side of the man with the ball.
6. I’m your Help!– I’m open!
7. Be the Help - The coaches are telling you to go over and get yourself open so your teammate can pass you the ball because he’s in trouble.
8. Who’s the Help? - The coaches are asking the players on the field who can get themselves open so they can get the ball passed to them.